Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sharpie Liquid Pencils: Yes, they get permanent (after a while!)

I bought a box of these the moment I read on Engadget that they were available. I started using them on August 17th, and while they were not permanent within three days as advertised, I would go back and test erasing week by week. I keep a journal for work of all calls made, meetings attended, and I also keep a task list in my Moleskine planner, so it's perfect for just this type of unscientific testing.

Finally, this week, as I went back to erase marks made on August 17th, they appear to be permanent. What is interesting to me is that when you write with the Sharpie Liquid Pencil, it's very erasable, and after a few days, it's still mostly erasable, but after a month and a half, it's permanent, as if written by pen.

My conclusion: it appears that the Sharpie Liquid Pencils are permanent after about a month and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment