Thursday, October 6, 2011

Not so fast...

I said in my last entry that I didn't need a new phone and that I was happy with the Evo. That was well and true until I got my hands on the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch on Sprint (WHO thinks up these long names?!?!). I guess what I didn't know didn't hurt me until I knew it.

I now have a new phone.

The Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (hereafter known as the GS2) is an amazing phone with incredible speed, beautiful screen, and great battery life (in my experience; I'm getting over 24 hours with normal use).

I thought the Evo 4G was all I needed. I still believe that. It is still a great phone with great features and can still do pretty much everything I needed it to do. So why get the new phone? Well, I guess it's because it does everything the Evo does, but better. The biggest kicker for me was the screen. Super AMOLED is AMAZING as compared to the Evo's backlit screen. Especially in daylight. Everything else is just smoother, prettier, or faster.

Oh, and there's the fact that it's pretty much the coolest phone on the market right now. That's a big one that a worst kind of geek would place high value on.

No comments:

Post a Comment